ARB Discovery 3 & Discovery 4 29 Spline Front Air Locker
Air Locker locking differentials allow you to tackle the toughest terrain. As the world's premier traction aid, ARB Air Lockers keep you moving in all conditions.
While developing the Air Locker for the 2012 T6 Ford Ranger & Mazda BT50, ARB Engineers noted the similarities between the differential dimensions with the Land Rover Discovery Series 3. With the only difference being the ring gear diameter, this resulted in development of the front Air Locker for the Land Rover Discovery 3 and 4.
RD217 incorporates the latest 2-piece Air Locker design and includes forged gears and a five year, unlimited mile warranty.
Land Rover has provided plenty of space for running air lines under the vehicle and installing the air compressor in the engine bay. There is also a clear section between the cup holders for installation of switches. Because Discovery 3 & 4's are built with IFS systems, the removal and installation of the differential assembly consume more time than a typical live axle vehicle.Features:
- Provides 100% traction on demand without affecting on-road drivability or driveline wear
- Vastly improved traction means less reliance on momentum, thus reducing the likelihood of vehicle damage and environmental impact
- Easy, convenient operation allows the user to concentrate on the terrain
- Ultra durable and extremely strong - only the highest quality materials used in construction
- Incredibly simple yet effective design that employs minimal moving parts, thereby ensuring maximum reliability
- Thoroughly tested and proven design - trusted and used in over 100 countries around the world
- Front and rear Air Lockers available for most makes and models
- Easy installation and maintenance - no special tools, skills or additives required
- Patented 'timed' locking mechanism offers high strength and ultrafast un-locking (#2, #16 & #19).
- Comprehensive photo illustrated installation and service guides.
- Steel reinforced, elastomer bonded annular seal designed to handle extreme climatic temperatures
- Patented 2 piece design that offers a range of interchangeable side gears (sold separately) to integrate with non standard axle shaft splines
- 29 spline axle
- 31.5mm (1.24") axle shaft diameter (outside of splines)
- 10 bolts on Ø145.5mm (5.72") pitch circle ring gear diameter
- Ø118.0mm (4.64") ring gear ID