ARB Land Rover Discovery 3 31 Spline Rear Air Locker
Air Locker locking differentials allow you to tackle the toughest terrain. As the world's premier traction aid, ARB Air Lockers keep you moving in all conditions.
The ever expanding Air Locker range has a new addition, RD218, applicable to the rear of Land Rover Discovery 3. This new model compliments the front locker (RD217) and now completes the diff locking requirements for both front and rear on the applicable vehicles. Similar to the front, the rear differential is enclosed in a clamshell-style housing, and therefore requires more attention in the Air Locker shimming and preload setup.
Because Discovery 3 & 4's are built with IRS systems, the removal and installation of the differential assembly consume more time than a typical live axle vehicle. Further to that, as the rear section of the exhaust system is mounted underneath the axles, it will need to be removed before carrying out the above. Adequate time should be allocated for RD218 fitting, but overall complexity level is relatively low.
Land Rover has provided plenty of space for running air lines under the vehicle and installing the air compressor in the engine bay. And there is also a clear section between the cup holders for installation of switches.Features:
- Provides 100% traction on demand without affecting on-road drivability or driveline wear.
- Vastly improved traction means less reliance on momentum, thus reducing the likelihood of vehicle damage and environmental impact.
- Easy, convenient operation allows the user to concentrate on the terrain.
- Ultra durable and extremely strong - only the highest quality materials used in construction.
- Incredibly simple yet effective design that employs minimal moving parts, thereby ensuring maximum reliability.
- Thoroughly tested and proven design - trusted and used in over 100 countries around the world.
- Front and rear Air Lockers available for most makes and models.
- Easy installation and maintenance - no special tools, skills or additives required.
- Patented 'timed' locking mechanism offers high strength and ultrafast un-locking.
- Comprehensive photo illustrated installation and service guides.
- Steel reinforced, elastomer bonded annular seal designed to handle extreme climatic temperatures.
- Patented 2 piece design that offers a range of interchangeable side gears (sold separately) to integrate with non standard axle shaft splines.
- 31 spline axle
- 33.6mm [1.32"] axle shaft diameter (outside of splines)
- 10 bolts on Ø157.7mm [6.21"] pitch circle ring gear
- Ø130.15mm [5.12"] dia. ring gear ID
- Ø210mm [8.27"] dia. ring gear OD